Walnut Fruit Salad
“This recipe is from a coworker. She’s always asked to bring this dish to work parties,” writes Diane Cohen of Saint Louis, Missouri. Fresh fruit and homemade dressing sets it apart, and walnuts add a nice crunch.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large salad bowl, combine the apples, bananas, oranges, grapes,
- lettuce and lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and
- honey. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 299 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.