“Whenever I can get salmon for a good price, I always turn to this simple and delicious recipe. It’s good served with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans, too.” —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Combine
- mustard and honey; brush over salmon. Place bread in a food
- processor; cover and process until crumbly. Transfer to a small
- bowl. Add the walnuts, oil and thyme; press onto salmon.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 326 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.