Walnut Cocoa Bread
In her kitchen in Kissimmee, Florida, Margaret Beyersdorf lets her bread machine do the work when making this tender loaf. Its quick prep time and combination of brown sugar, walnuts and cocoa will help make it a favorite in your home, too.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 2/3 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal
- this), add the walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 168 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.