Walnut Cinnamon Rolls
Who wouldn't love these ooey-gooey rolls from Jill Defries of Windom, Minnesota? They're fast to assemble using frozen bread dough, and they get their great flavor from cinnamon, brown sugar and chopped walnuts.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Roll dough into a 20-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Brush with butter.
- Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 20
- slices, 1 in. thick. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Drizzle with cream. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter. In a small bowl,
- combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over rolls.
- Serve warm. Yield: 20 rolls.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 156 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.