I love fish and think grilling is one of the best ways to prepare it. The combination of lemon juice, basil and other seasonings is fantastic.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound walleye, pike, perch or trout fillets
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Coat an 18-in. square piece of heavy-duty foil with cooking spray
- Place fillets on foil. Spread with butter. Sprinkle with lemon
- juice, basil, lemon-pepper and garlic salt. Top with mushrooms.
- Seal foil tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7
- minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Carefully remove foil to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 183 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.