Waldorf Stuffed Ham
I couldn’t resist trying something new for this contest, and this recipe just popped into my head. I served it to my husband, and he said it’s a keeper. —Colleen Vrooman, Waukesha, Wisconsin
14-16 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (6 ounces) pork stuffing mix
- 1 medium tart apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (8 pounds)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, bring apple juice and butter to a boil. Remove
- from the heat; stir in the stuffing mix, apple, onion, celery and
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Spoon stuffing by
- tablespoonfuls between ham slices. Spoon pie filling over ham;
- sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 14-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 pound) equals 410 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 2,283 mg sodium,