My husband and I are now retired and travel the country in our mobile home. When not taking in the beautiful sights, I'm in the kitchen preparing many new tasty dishes.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 2 cups diced unpeeled apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, eggs, celery and grapes. In a
- small bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; add the mayonnaise,
- horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture;
- toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Add pecans;
- serve over a bed of lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 797 calories, 65 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 272 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.