Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches
"Autumn is apple-picking time here in New Jersey, so with such an abundance of that delicious fruit, it just seemed natural to toss a chopped apple into my chicken salad," relates Karen Small from Maple Shade.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread about 1
- cup chicken salad over four slices of bread,. Top with lettuce if
- desired and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 731 calories, 48 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.