You'll find everything you want for breakfast--potatoes, eggs, cheese and ham--in this satisfying casserole from Iris Frank of Eureka Illinois. "It can be made the night before and kept in the refrigerator," she comments. "I frequently make it for church potlucks and for company. Everybody loves it."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham (2 cups)
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place hash brown patties in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. In a large bowl,
- beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over ham.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes
- longer or until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 437 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 280 mg cholesterol, 1,307 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.