Waffles with Warm Strawberry Sauce
This warm and fruity sauce takes only minutes to make. It's a nice way to present frozen waffles or even pancakes and French toast. If you don't have cranberry juice, orange juice can be used.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 frozen waffles
- In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, 1/4 cup cranberry
- juice and honey. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining cranberry juice
- until smooth; stir into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Toast waffles according to package directions; top with warm
- strawberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 277 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.