Vinegar Sugar Cookies
Mom gave me this recipe when I was married. It’s been in our family for generations. Young and old alike devour these scrumptious sugar cookies while I eat up the praise.Josie Bochek, Sturgeon Bay, WI
42 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vinegar and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add
- to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in
- an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie (calculated without colored sugar) equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.