Vinaigrette Veggie Salad
“All of my children love my Vinaigrette Veggie Salad,” says Connie Small of Schoolcraft, Michigan. “It’s easy to make and attractive, too. Sometimes I cut up the vegetables ahead of time so dinner preparation goes faster.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a serving bowl, combine the cucumber, green pepper and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and celery seed. In a small bowl, whisk oil and
- vinegar. Pour over salad.; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 60 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.