Vinaigrette Asparagus Salad
A light, lemony vinaigrette drapes the crisp asparagus in this well-seasoned salad from Linda Lacek of Winter Park, Florida. "The dressing can bleach the vegetables it touches, so toss the asparagus with the vinaigrette just before serving," Linda advises.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- For vinaigrette, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first
- seven ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus
- in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in a serving bowl; cover and
- refrigerate. Just before serving, shake vinaigrette and drizzle over
- asparagus. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 77 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.