- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, bring corn syrup to a boil. Cook and stir for 1
- minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- pecan halves until coated. Place in a single layer on a foil-lined
- baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 2-3 minutes or until golden
- brown. Cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and
- syrup until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Place one cake
- layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with
- second layer; frost top and sides of cake. Garnish with glazed
- pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 574 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.