This traditional-tasting Verde Sauce will add some beautiful color to your plate. You'll love the robust garlic flavor.
Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, MA
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 green onions, cut into thirds
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 cups loosely packed parsley sprigs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place the onions, garlic and lemon peel in a food processor; cover
- and pulse until chopped. Add half of the basil and parsley; cover
- and process until chopped. Add remaining basil and parsley; chop.
- Add the olives, capers, lemon juice, pepper flakes and cheese; cover
- and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a
- steady stream. Yield: 12 servings (3 cups).
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without pasta) equals 249 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 793 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.