- cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Discard bay leaves. Add potatoes, carrots and onion. Cover and simmer
- for 25 minutes.
- For dumplings, in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder,
- salt and dill. Stir in the egg and milk just until moistened. Drop
- by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 15
- minutes (do not lift cover) or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 606 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 1,713 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 37 g protein.