This colorful vegetable mixture with a sweet homemade dressing is ready in a flash. “I’ve enjoyed the combination on many occasions,” notes Marian Seuferling of Louisburg, Kansas. “I often double the recipe and serve it at special events.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 5 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower and onion. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, Parmesan cheese
- and basil. Drizzle over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Chill until
- Just before serving, add lettuce and water chestnuts; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 84 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 vegetable.