Veggie Rice Saute
I CAME UP with this recipe one day when I had nothing but burgers to cook on the grill and not enough of any one vegetable. It was so tasty we ate almost all of it and the little bit that was leftover I heated in the microwave the following day. It was still delicious!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced quartered zucchini
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add
- egg. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow
- underneath. Remove egg and chop into small pieces; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute beans and onion in remaining oil for 1-2
- minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms and garlic; saute 1 minute
- longer. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until beans are
- tender and rice is lightly browned. Stir in soy sauce. Return egg to
- the pan; heat through. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 417 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 958 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.