Veggie Pinwheel Appetizers
My son, Tyler, loves these and even asked me to make them for his school party instead of cupcakes! Now his classmates love them, too, and I make them for every party. To keep it easy, I usually get the veggies from the grocery store's salad bar. —Beverly M. Jones, Cambridge, Maryland
32 ServingsPrep Time: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Vidalia onion salad dressing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and salad dressing until blended.
- Stir in the broccoli, carrot, onion and dill weed. Spread over
- tortillas. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours. Unwrap and cut each into eight slices. Yield: 32
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 40 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.