- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cook for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. With tongs, remove
- asparagus and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Return water to a boil. Add green beans; cook for 3-4 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Remove beans and place in ice water. Drain and
- pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the kidney beans, onion and 1 tablespoon
- vinaigrette; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Just before serving, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette;
- toss green beans with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette. Place romaine in a
- large bowl; drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter; arrange vegetables, kidney bean
- mixture, eggs, artichoke hearts and olives over lettuce. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 431 calories, 26 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 medium-fat meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.