Veggie Meatball Stew
An elderly man I cared for shared this recipe with me. I'd make a batch for him and freeze half in single-serving portions for quick meals. I often prepare this for my own family and for church potlucks. - Linnie
Watkins, Hebo, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 65 min.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup tomato sauce, egg, onion, bread crumbs,
- salt, pepper and allspice. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large saucepan, brown meatballs; drain.
- Add the water, potatoes, carrots, peas, green pepper, soup mix and
- remaining tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables
- are tender. Yield: 8 servings.