Veggie Meatball Soup for 3
"It's a snap to put together this hearty soup before I leave for work," says Charla Tinney of Tyrone, Oklahoma. "I just add cooked pasta when I get home, and I have a few minutes to relax before supper is ready."
3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 9 frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Stir in
- pasta; cover and cook 20-30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.
- Discard bay leaves. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 250 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.