Veggie Ham 'n' Eggs
This versatile recipe works well with a number of alternate ingredients. Instead of ham, try cooked and crumbles bacon. Or use different vegetables and cheese to suit your family's tastes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, mushrooms, pepper and onions in
- butter for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and salt. Remove ham mixture
- from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are
- slightly set. Add ham mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are
- completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 377 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 491 mg cholesterol, 958 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.