Veggie Christmas Tree
I've been serving this festive appetizer for years. Everyone comments on how pretty it is. I especially like it because it's so easy to make.Leola Seltmann, Witchita, Kansas
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 broccoli stem
- 3 to 4 cups cauliflowerets
- 4 to 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- Cover the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. glass dish with dressing.
- Arrange broccoli in a tree shape, using the stem as the trunk. Place
- cauliflower around tree. Add tomatoes and carrot slices as
- ornaments. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with low-fat dressing) equals 37 calories, 2g fat, 0 cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.