Veggie Cheese Ravioli
Have the best of both worlds with this easy weeknight dish from Gertrudis Miller of Evansville, Indiana. It tastes really light and refreshing but the ravioli makes it hearty and filling.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir zucchini
- and onion until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and Italian
- seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- Drain ravioli and add to the pan; stir gently to combine. Sprinkle
- with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 322 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as