Veggie Cheese Casserole
This vegetable combination makes a delightful side dish or weekend brunch specialty. "It's long been a favorite with my children," relates Jacque
Capurro of Anchorage, Alaska. "I like it because it's so easy to put together and can easily be lightened up by using reduced-fat ingredients.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced and halved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Arrange the broccoli in a greased 8-in. square baking dish:set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the biscuit mix, sour cream, cottage cheese,
- eggs, butter and salt; pour over broccoli. Arrange tomato slices
- over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat baking mix, reduced-fat sour cream and fat-free cottage cheese) equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat,