Veggie Brown Rice
This simple side dish has the flavor of fried rice but is better for you. It would pair well with a meaty entree.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the cabbage, mushrooms and onion in butter
- for 6-7 minutes or until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 212 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.