Looking for a tasty alternative to meat-and-potatoes meals? Try this colorful pasta dish, which is the brainchild of my oldest son. It's a stick-to-the-ribs supper that takes advantage of fresh mushrooms, zucchini and other vegetables as well as basil and provolone cheese.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter
- and oil for 3-5 minutes. Add the tomato, basil, salt and pepper;
- cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain linguine; add to vegetable
- mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat provolone) equals 216 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,