Vegetables with Cheese Sauce
These will please even picky eaters, so get ready to receive lots of compliments! “The cheese sauce is great with other veggies—like summer squash or potatoes, too." Crystal Sheckles-Gibson - Beespring, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Microwave vegetable blend according to package directions. In a small
- saucepan, combine cheese and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until
- melted. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup vegetables with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 174 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.