Vegetable Stack-up Salad
"This colorful salad is great for family reunions or church get-togethers because it can be prepared the night before," shares Joan Snider of Celina, Ohio. "Just sprinkle on the cheese and bacon right before serving."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups shredded salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl, layer salad greens, green pepper,
- corn, zucchini, tomatoes and celery. Spread Miracle Whip over all;
- seal to edges of bowl. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or
- overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 393 calories, 37 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.