- cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into
- vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Stir in cabbage and peas.
- For dumplings, in a small bowl, combine baking mix, carrots and
- parsley. Stir in water until moistened. Drop in 10 mounds onto
- simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while
- simmering). Garnish with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups soup with 1 dumpling equals 258 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 826 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.