We've nicknamed this crunchy salad "Christmas slaw" because of its pretty mix of red and green vegetables. But it's tasty any time. It's great light lunch when stuffed into a whole wheat pita.
-Julie Copenhayer of Morganton, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower
- and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt
- and pepper. pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover
- and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.