Vegetable Salad Medley
I like to take this salad to potlucks because it feeds a lot of people, and it's so easy to make. It's best when made a day ahead so the flavors can blend.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup each chopped celery, red onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper
- to a boil. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add
- sugar mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several
- hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 208 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.