I've used this recipe for more than 40 years. The pancakes are delicious with cheese sauce, creamed chipped beef or sausage gravy. Perhaps children who love pancakes but don't like vegetables would like these!
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, sliced
- 1/4 head lettuce, finely sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all of the vegetables. Stir in eggs; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to vegetables.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot well-greased skillet. Spread
- into 4-in. circles. Cook until brown on each side. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 180 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.