Vegetable Noodle Casserole
If you're looking for a filling side dish, this recipe fits the bill. It combines nutritious vegetables and hearty noodles in a delectable cream sauce. Whenever I serve this dish, it gets passed around until the pan is scraped clean.
-Jeanette Hios, Brooklyn, New York
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, milk, 3/4 cup cheese, garlic,
- parsley, pepper and salt. Stir in noodles and vegetables.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 234 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.