"This is a wonderful side dish to make when garden vegetables are plentiful," recommends Terry Maly from Olathe, Kansas. "The colorful combination is a great complement to any entree."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn or 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on
- low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with frozen corn) equals 116 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.