This nutritious blend of pasta and veggies makes a versatile and colorful side dish with a variety of entrees. Debbie Balta - Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding
- the beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; add the mustard, basil and garlic
- powder. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta and beans; return to the Dutch oven. Add the mustard
- sauce and mushrooms; toss to coat. Stir in tomato. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 157 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium,