Vegetable Kabobs with Rice
My husband and I like gardening, and these kabobs are a fun way to enjoy our fresh vegetables. They're so easy to make and they can grill right along the main course.
-Nancy Johnson, Connersville, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 small boiling onions, peeled
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine dressing, parsley and basil. Alternate the
- vegetables on eight skewers. Place on a gill rack over medium-hot
- heat. Baste with dressing mixture and turn frequently for 15 minutes
- or until vegetables are tender. To serve, place 1/2 cup rice on each
- place and top with two kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free dressing; rice prepared without added salt) equals 171 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.