Vegetable Ground Beef Soup
Just brimming with veggies, this hearty soup shared by Marie Carlisle of Sumrall, Mississippi will warm family and friends right to their toes! “It’s especially good served with cornbread,“ Marie suggests, “and we think it’s even better the second day.“
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a Dutch oven, bring potatoes and water to a boil. Cover and cook
- for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet,
- cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the bouillon, soup, vegetables, dried minced onion and beef to
- the undrained potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with lean ground beef, reduced-sodium bouillon and reduced-sodium tomato soup) equals 150 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium,