Vegetable Crab Soup
"As a school principal, wife and mom, I cook to wind down at the end of a busy day," comments Amy Lingren of Des Peres, Missouri. "This recipe, rich with cheese and crab, is a quick and different way to dress up canned soup."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (19 ounces) chunky New England clam chowder
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the chowder, soup, 2-1/2 cups cream,
- wine and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Stir in vegetables;
- return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or
- until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the crab, tomato, cheese, parsley and pepper. Cook and stir
- until heated through, adding remaining cream if desired. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 314 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 844 mg sodium,