Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup
Winter weather calls for steaming bowls of this hearty soup. Chuck roast leftovers add extra homemade flavor. —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Reserved leftovers from Caramelized Onion Chuck Roast (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until barley is
- tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 584 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 1,224 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 51 g protein.