- In a large salad bowl, combine the barley, broccoli and carrots,
- tomatoes, onions, red pepper and sunflower kernels.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, oil, vinegar, lemon peel,
- garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until combined.
- Pour over barley mixture and stir to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1
- hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 14
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.