Vanilla-Lime Fruit Salad
Feel free to be creative with the fruits you use in this recipe. The versatile dressing is amazing tossed with fresh strawberries or even drizzled over pound cake. —Kathryn Dampier, Quail Valley, California
16 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. With a
- sharp knife, scrape the vanilla bean to remove the seeds; stir into
- pan. Discard bean.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced
- by half. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Stir in lime
- juice and peel.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, grapefruit and
- blueberries. Drizzle with vanilla-lime sauce and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium,