Unstuffing Side Dish
With sausage, mushrooms, celery and the perfect blend of seasonings, this moist dressing is irresistible. I like to call it "Unstuffing" since it bakes separately from the turkey, which I do on the grill.
-Ken Churches, Kailua-Kona, HI
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes or dry cubed bread
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the
- butter, mushrooms, celery and onion; cook for 3-5 minutes or until
- onion is tender. Stir in the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add stuffing cubes and enough broth to
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until browned.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 259 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 951 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.