Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes
My husband found this recipe when I called and informed him we were going to have guests for dinner. This tasty variation on traditional scalloped potatoes is dressed up with garlic, Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese.
-Glenda Malan, Lake Forest, California
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 55 min.
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Grease a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish with the butter; set aside. In
- a large saucepan, combine the cream, milk, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cook just until bubbles begin to form around sides of pan. Remove
- from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes; pat dry with paper towels. Layer
- half of the potatoes in prepared baking dish; top with half of the
- cream mixture and half of the cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 402 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium,