- In a large shallow bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients. Dip each
- slice of bread into egg mixture. Arrange slices into prepared dish.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. In a small
- bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 612 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 250 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.