Two-Tater Shepherd's Pie
"I love shepherd's pie, but our oldest son, Andrew, doesn't like some of the ingredients," relates Cindy Rebain of Robertsdale, Alabama. "So I adjusted my recipe to come up with this version the who family loves."
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the soup, garlic salt and pepper.
- Place Tater Tots in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with
- beef mixture and green beans. Spread mashed potatoes over the top;
- sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 550 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,241 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.