My mom used to pack these cookies into our school lunches. They're inexpensive and easy to prepare, so all seven of us children learned to make them. Now they're also a favorite of my two children's.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats or old-fashioned oats
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped nuts or coconut
- In a large saucepan, heat butter, milk and sugar. Bring to a boil,
- stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the oats, cocoa, raisins, nuts or
- coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool. Yield: about
- 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 203 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.