Two-Cheese Spinach Quiche
This beautiful pie really stars on my holiday brunch buffet. The cheese, ham and spinach flavors blend perfectly. It's easy to prepare besides.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (5 ounces) fully cooked ham, flaked
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Line the unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes
- longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°. Combine Swiss
- cheese, spinach, mushrooms and ham; sprinkle over crust. In a bowl,
- beat eggs, cream, flour and salt until smooth; pour over spinach
- mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 258 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.