Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars
After one taste, folks will wonder why you didn't make these crunchy garlic-and-herb snacks sooner. The oven-baked tortilla chips get their appeal from a star-shaped cookie cutter, but other cookie cutter shapes also work nicely.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with butter. Combine remaining
- ingredients; sprinkle over one side of tortillas. With a 2-1/2-in.
- star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out several stars from each tortilla;
- discard scraps. Place stars on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 400° for 7-9 minutes or until crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (8 each) equals 264 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.